The well attended Drennan Pairs held at Messingham Sands on Easter Monday saw 80 anglers on the Swan Pond and Islands Lake.
A three degree fall in water temperature over the weekend put paid to big weights and although carp dominated the top individual places, it was an all-out silverfish attack that secured the top two pairs positions.
The Rotherham duo of Mick Shaw and Carl Swetnam claimed the honours with 9 points, followed by Alan Gregory and Kevin Johnson on 11 points, with Steve Eyres and Ian Coatham in third with 14 points.
Mick Shaw was top weight on Islands peg 31 with an excellent 81lb of skimmers and roach. His pairs partner Carl Swetnam caught 57lb of silvers on Swan peg 38 to seal the win.
- 1st Mick Shaw and Carl Swetnam, 9 points
- 2nd Alan Gregory and Kevin Johnson, 11 points
- 3rd Steve Eyres and Ian Coatham, 14 points
- 4th Steve Bingham and Simon Drayton, 17 points
- 5th Mike Smith and Danny Hoggard, 22 points
- 1st Dave Woddiwiss, Grimsby 87-09
- 2nd John Andrews, Barnsley 85-12
- 3rd Mick Shaw, Rotherham 81-00
- 4th Scott Brough, Scunthorpe 79-04